Monday, November 14, 2011

Guest Author - Sara Trimble!

I've always wanted to be a writer and romance was the natural choice for me. I started reading novels when I was too young to even understand what sex was and the addition grew from there. When I wrote my first book, I was fresh out of high school and expecting a baby. I was familiar with sex, more than an eighteen year old should be, yet I grew nervous trying to write it.

All I could think about was that my mom and grandmother would be reading this story. I didn't want to embarrass them. My first book, Desire's Secrets skimmed the surface of the sex act without going into too much detail, and I have never attempted to have this horrid piece of work published.

I continued to write with a new novel, Heart Over Mind. During this time, both my mom and grandmother encouraged me to write how I'd like, regardless of what I thought they'd think. Not that they would be bothered by it, as I learned a few years after.

As the story of death, deceit, and danger grew, so did the urge to add more detail to the sex scenes. My first draft had sex far too soon in the story, from what most of my critique partners said, and made it seem like my shy, nervous female was just a whore. This I couldn't have so I dialed back on the passion towards the beginning and relocated some of the scenes further in the story. It took me three years to decide I wanted this story published, and I chose to go the Indie way.

Shortly thereafter, I started my third novel, A Woman's Revenge, which was my NaNo project for the 2010 year. At this time, I'd just had my third child after a rough pregnancy. My husband told me there was no need for me to be as cranky as I was because it wasn't that hard to carry a child. Ha. I got revenge, big time.

In AWR, I chose to have a female demon getting revenge on cheating males by impregnating them with a demon spawn. They suffered the same symptoms as a female, but their pregnancies developed at a far faster rate...and they died at the end. In this novel, I used raging hormones as an excuse for my hard core secret agent to become attracted to the small town doctor/empath. As she tries to help save him from the demon, he shows her what it's like to feel desirable and unashamed of her body.

I have yet to submit this novel, as I'm still in the editing phase. The writing bug hit me in the middle of my revisions and within three days, I had my first full erotica story written. This is a short story, much like the 1 Night Stand series, about a company, Perfect Creations, which can create the perfect sexual partner for a fee. My heroine is a workaholic with a secret passion for being controlled and spanked. She decides it would be easier for her to create a man that can please her, rather than go through a variety of men who make her feel like a freak for having such fetishes.

I hope to have both of these novels published before the end of the year and truly hope readers enjoy them as much as I have writing them. Once NaNo is over, I hope to continue my new path of writing erotica short stories and paranormal romances, as these are what truly gets my fingers to flying. My hope is that one day, I'll have as elaborate a published book collection as some of my favorite authors.

What's one of your favorite things to see in a sex scene?

One lucky commenter will win a free copy of my published paranormal romance, Heart Over Mind.

Ladies, thanks for having me as your guest today. I appreciate being among such talented authors.





Blurb:

A Life Changed Forever

Nala Arpaia, psychiatrist, lives a boring, routine life...until her knight in tight blue jeans comes to whisk her off to a family castle full of fabled creatures. It's like something out of a book, all the way down to the life or death situation she finds herself in. As the last member of the most powerful blood line to ever exist, Nala is now the final mark of Broncestan Milivak, who's goal is world domination.

Nala has to master her powers if she wants to save the free world. All she really wants...is her protector Gabriel.

Stubborn to the Core

Gabriel Ricardo's job as head Graida, a magical bodyguard, is his life. He eats, breaths and sleeps work. When his boss, head Elder Elam Korbin gives Gabriel the task of retrieving his niece, Nala, Gabriel's all business. Until, he meets the psychiatrist. Things go down hill from there. This case isn't like any other. Illusions, magic, and
attempted kidnap he can handle. The presence of the strong, and irresistible attraction he feels for the doctor he can't. As things get dangerous, Gabriel has to force his mind to focus on the case, and not the lust burning him alive.

Unable to Resist...

As Broncestan's attacks get stronger, and more dangerous, Nala finds it more important than ever to experience the kind of relationship she'd always wanted, but never had. Seeing Nala suffer at the hands of a power-hungry Damned soul, Gabriel realizes keeping his distance isn't working. Soon, they give in to the passion and
proclaim their love. Just when things are supposed to work out, things hit rock bottom again.

Their Future Looms in the Balance...
Will they ever be able to defeat Broncestan and enjoy a relationship together or are they doomed to live their
lives alone and miserable?


Excerpt:

The night was cool and clear, and the moon shone bright, surrounded by millions of stars. Nala walked along a riverbank, the dirt soft and cold beneath her bare feet. She was looking for someone. Through the hanging limbs of a weeping willow tree, and over a fallen log. Then, in the darkness, she made out the silhouette of a man. He stood with his back to her, naked. Just like her. She gasped as she looked down at her own exposed body. She felt unaffected. She kept moving towards the mystery man, her hand outstretched.

Her fingers brushed his tan, muscular shoulder and his body tightened. Then he turned around. He was such a handsome man; the most beautiful she had ever seen. Muscles corded his thick arms and jagged scars crisscrossed his left bicep and right forearm. Puckered white marks from what looked like bullet holes dotted his chest and stomach. There were dozens of other scars along his ribs, knees, thighs, and even one on his foot. Nala spent time studying each of them, using her fingers and then her tongue. Each flick seemed to push the man a little further into arousal.

His hand shoved into her thick, dark hair and jerked her head up. She watched, dazed, as his mouth began to lower towards hers. It seemed to take an eternity. Just as she thought she would die of deprivation, his firm lips covered hers. His tongue thrust past her lips, into the moist cavern of her mouth as his hands began an intimate search of her body. He stroked her in places she had never expected to be touched. Her breasts ached as he caressed them, his thumbs flicking over her hardened nipples. As his fingers dipped towards her throbbing center, she arched towards him.

He burrowed through the curls concealing her womanhood. Moving with slow purpose, he slipped a finger inside her wet, throbbing center. Waves of heat curled throughout her body as he thrust with alternating pace. Her breath caught as an unfamiliar feeling took over her body. Muscles clenched around the man's finger as spasms took her away to a place of ecstasy. Nala clung to him as her body spiraled out of control. When she came back to earth, he was watching her, desire burning in his eyes. He reached for her hand and guided it down his stomach to his rigid male member.

Nala gasped at the size and hardness of it. Going by instinct alone, she began to slide her hand up and down. His eyes glazed over and his head went back on a groan. She increased her pace and smiled when he began to squeeze her arms. The faster she went, the tighter his grip became. He began to pant and then he stiffened up. “Oh Nala. I'm about to cum.”

Her hand kept working up and down his long, thick shaft as he began to get his release. “Do it Gabriel. I want you to.”


HEART OVER MIND comes out Dec 1st!

Available for $0.99!


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Over-Mind-Sara-Trimble/dp/1466386010/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320527670&sr=1-1


Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/88851?ref=SaraTrimble




Sara Trimble is new to the world of publishing, though not to writing. She has one published novel, two in the final revisions and a stack of stories ready to work on. She's also venturing out of her comfort zone of Romance to work on a new suspense novel, she hopes to have done by December 1st. When she isn’t writing, Sara spends her time with her three children, wonderful fiance Justyn, spending time with friends, and just enjoying life. You can find her at her website http://www.sararimble.com , follow her blog at http://saratrimble.wordpress.com Tweet her at http://www.facebook.com/saradtrimble , or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/authorsaratrimble . She loves to hear from her readers so send her an email at saratrimble@saratrimble.com . If anyone is participating in NaNo, feel free to buddy her at youngmomx3. Don't forget to check out the new movie trailer for her debut paranormal romance, Heart Over Mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws0EXm5tsI8




2 comments:

Gabby-Lily Raines said...

Your story and the book description both sound wonderful.

Sara said...

Thanks so much! Contrary to what was posted on the site, the book is already available and is only 99 cents until December 1st. After that, it goes back up to 3.99. Thanks for visiting and commenting. Good luck in the contest.