Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bring on the wine and candles ...

I’ve noticed a trend during the past few months while checking the stats on my blog. It seems like a lot of people have nookie on the brain when they stumble upon my website. (Imagine that! *grin*)

One of the top searches that has led people to my site is the quest to find great "lovemaking songs". I blogged on the subject in August 2009, and it's still the most viewed post of the 200+ entries I've made on my blog so far. And it was just a random post too, because I couldn't think of anything else to talk about (kind of like right now. LOL)

I know, as authors, we tend to stick to certain types of music to get us "in the mood" to write our stories, but I can honestly say that not many of these songs top my list, except for maybe Duran Duran and Moody Blues. Most of these I've never even heard of. I can't recall where I got the list from, but I do remember stumbling across it one day while doing some research online for a story.

So ... tell me what you think about it. Was the list-gatherer, whoever he or she might be, on the right track? Do any of these melt your heart into a puddle or send your hormones into overdrive? Inquiring minds want to know. *wink*

1. Nights In White Satin – Moody Blues
2. Love Song – Polyrock
3. The Crystal Ship – The Doors
4. Same Deep Water As You – The Cure
5. Come Undone – Duran Duran
6. Fade Into You – Mazzy Star
7. Great Gig In The Sky- Pink Floyd
8. Water – The Sugarcubes
9. Remnants of a Deeper Purity – Black Tape for a Blue Girl
10. Breathing – Kate Bush
11. Don’t Stop The Dance – Bryan Ferry
12. Mystery Faith and Love – Ofra Haza
13. Drifting – Lycia
14. Dream of Life – Patti Smith
15. el Pedregal – Love Spirals Downwards
16. All I Want is You – U2
17. Christiansands – Tricky

2 comments:

elaineg0707 said...

Well, either I am on a different thought plane, or I am too old or something cause I am with you, not a list I would say gets my engine running lol! I would think along the lines of something like:
Unchained Melody: The Righteous Brothers
Your Song: Elton John
Wonderful Tonight: Eric Clapton
Keep on Lovin You: REO Speedwagon
Let's Get It On: Marvin Gaye
Because the Night: Patty Smith
It's kinda an eclectic list but I love each of these songs for different reasons. These are songs that I would want in the background while the hubs and I are getting "reacquainted" so to speak!

Stephanie Adkins said...

Thanks for commenting, Elaine! I love Unchained Melody and Wonderful Tonight. *swoon*