Thursday, August 20, 2009

Should I let him?

Ok, ladies (and gents), I need some feedback. My husband is asking if he can be on the cover of one of my books. Honestly, I don't know why I'm hesitating. He's got the body for it. I just don't know if I want him to.

I would almost prefer it if he was on the cover of one of my friend's books. Weird. Yeah, I know. Don't ask me to explain it, I haven't wrapped my head around the reasoning yet.

He told me to give him six weeks and he'll give up the Ben & Jerry's every night before bed and cut out his other bad diet habits to get cover ready. I have no doubt the six-pack he had when I married him would show up again - shadows of it are still there. He leans himself out every once in a while, just to prove he still can and his legs are ripped solid all the time. He's 43 now, I guess I should let him do it before time catches up to him.

What do you think? Here's a (sun in the eyes) photo I took of him last week (and yes, he had Ben & Jerry's every night that week, too.) LOL The man's addicted to his Chubby Hubby and Chunky Monkey. If he was your husband, would you put him on the cover of your book?

4 comments:

C. A. Salo said...

Well, YEAH, Go for it girl!! Now that's boasting material!! LOL.
Not only are you married to a hottie, but he's on the cover of the latest book. WOOT!
Personally I'd do a neck down shot to the hips. But that's just because that's what they're doing alot now.

And yes, I want an autographed copy by both of you if he does decide to do it!! :-D

Wendi said...

LOL Definitely neck down. I hardly ever put faces on my covers. :)

I probably should let him do it. I just like pretending the guys on the cover are the ones in the book, and I don't write autobiographies. :) I should get over it and let the man have his fun. Sigh.

Wendi Darlin

AJ Llewellyn said...

Considering what I paid my fabulous cover model to do three covers...if you have a man who looks like this and wants to do it, why are you hesitating? I say DO IT!

Wendi said...

I know it makes sense, AJ, I just have a real reservation about it. LOL I guess I need to get over it and let him have his fun. It'd be a hoot for the grandkids one day anyway. Imagine: Grandma writes erotic romance and Grandpa poses for the covers. LOL OMG Now he HAS to do it! Why didn't I think of this before?

Wendi Darlin