Monday, October 20, 2008

Something that bugs me...

momo Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok, I'm sitting here thinking about what I should blog about today and there it is, staring me right in the face.

Celebrity Buzz! You know what I'm talking about, which celebrity is dating who and how many drinks did they have last night, did they have sex with Angelina Jolie, and how many babies are on the way-- oh, and did they spread their legs wide enough to see their tonsils!

YUK! I'm so sick of turning on the TV or radio, or even pulling up my email and BAM, some advertisement is right there or so called news story about BRANGELINA or BRITTNEY and now OPRAH and STEDMAN. Well, do we actually care?

I admit to drooling over a few male stars. I'd even visit an official website to read about them and how they got started in the biz and their likes and dislikes. But I don't have to do that. It's rammed down my throat every second of the day.

I bet Vegas has a room designated just to calculate odds on baby arrival times for Brangelina or how many more times Britney flashes the paparazzi.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. I'm sure they are nice people. But did we really need an hour long tv show devoted to their wedding? Was it that important to us? Sure, I like to see what the celebrities are wearing from time to time. I used to watch the awards shows and that was a part of the allure. But I think celebrity watching has gotten out of hand.

I don't really care what Tom and Katie's baby looks like. I don't care if Brad and Angelina adopt or she gets pregnant. I don't care if her lips have been injected yet again.

And I sure as hell do not want to know anything about Madonna and her husband, Guy and the jokes the idiot made around her brother. The thought of a brother writing a tell all book about his sister and trashing her husband and the only reason he can give is because her hubby told too many gay jokes at the dinner table leaves me freaking cold.

Now, here is the end all to the end all of celebrity buzz. Maureen McCormick, of Marcia Brady, Brady Bunch fame, has now written a book. She reveals how she almost lost her virginity to television brother Greg. DAMN! Is that incest? The interviewer sure tried to make it sound like it. And Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, was into snorting cocaine too. Free-basing actually.

I don't know about you, but I won't be picking up a copy and reward Marcia with more money to go out and buy cocaine. Think I'll save that $25 and buy half a tank of gas instead.

Oh, run over to the Seven Wicked Writers Blog and read my Halloween Flasher Contest
Entry. I'd love to get a comment from you. Tell me what you think of my first attempt at Halloween Horror. lol Here's the link:

http://sevenwickedwriters.com/2008/10/entry-13-dance-with-the-devil-by-tess-mackall

Have a great week!

16 comments:

Maryann Miller said...

Tess, this is so right on. I HATE all this buzz and wonder about the people who seem to thrive on it. Is there nothing of substance going on with celebs -- and I don't mean drugs. :-)

Tess MacKall said...

ROFL...Hi Maryann,

Substance...other than drugs. What a hoot! You're dead on with that for sure. I'm sick of peeking into their bedrooms.

There seems to be no end to it. I saw something yesterday on my yahoo acct that talked about Oprah and Stedman. I don't care how gay or not gay either one of them are.

If the media wants to tell me something about these people, can't it be something good? Like humanitarian efforts for instance. Tell me more about Denzel Washington and how he just wrote a check to help someone.

Unfortunately, news like that gets buried. Celebrities that don't play up to the hype, never end up in tabloids are the ones I want to hear about. The ones worth hearing about.

Such a shame that so much time and effort is wasted on these people. I'd rather hear about my neighbor's flower garden or her arthritis quite frankly. lol

Thanks for commenting, Maryann.

Christiane France said...

Tess, I do so agree with you 100%. I'm sick and tired of all the hype and wish it would stop.

Christiane

Desirée Lee said...

I can't stand the celeb hype either! If E! television channel or shows like Entertainment Tonight folded, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Carpe Noctem,
Des

Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com
des@desireelee.com

Tess MacKall said...

Hi Christine,

I really wonder why the media thinks we are all so interested.

Maybe someone is interested, but does it really require all the effort and expense that goes into it. I guess it's all about making a buck.

These TV shows that hype this celebrity gossip must make a butt load of money off of it.

So I guess there are a whole lot of people who are sitting in front of the tube waiting for Brangelina's next move.

I guess our only resource is to turn it off and tune out. Which I do, but sometimes it is simply thrust in my face!

Bah! Humbug! lol

Tess MacKall said...

You've got that right, Desiree. There is an entire network that could simply shut down and we'd all be better off.

I don't get the allure of it. It's like people love watching a train wreck or something.

Ridiculous.

Sure I have my favorite actors and actresses, singers, etc. but I don't need their personal life shoved in my face every time I turn around.

Julie said...

You said it, I'm so tired of hearing about all of this. Shoot I know people doing some of these things, they are the ones I worry about. And no one who's not related to or friends with them cares.

Tess said...

You're right, Julie.

These stars are just having every day life crisis situations like all of us, yet their names are emblazoned in neon for all to see.

It's boring. I am so sick of it I don't know what to do. I don't intentionally seek it out either. It just seems to be everywhere. I can't even get through the check out line at the grocery store without it being thrown in my face.

Kissa Starling said...

My name is Kissa Starling. And I watch TMZ. I absolutely love it. I may be addicted. That is all. : )

Kissa

LA Day said...

I have to agree.
There was a time when I felt sorry for some of the stars for the way they are hounded but I don't any more. It seems they all encourage it.

The worst of them all-Paris Hilton.
Her parents must be so proud.

Genella deGrey said...

You nailed it, Tess. I have my own life to deal with; I don't need to hear about anyone else's.

Odd how humans have been ravenous over other people's business for centuries - and the journalists have ALWAYS known this.

Sensationalism will continue to be popular and make money as long as the masses pay attention.

:)
G.

Tess MacKall said...

ROFLMAO...

GOOD LORD, KISSA...

You crack me up. Let me see if I can google for a twelve step program for you. ROFLMAO...TOOOOO MUCH!

Tess MacKall said...

LA, woman, don't get me started on Paris Hilton.

I sat down with my girls one night and watched that show, the one where she and her sidekick had to get a real job. Talk about a train wreck.

I also watched another reality show, and this is off topic, lol, but it just reminded me of this...anyway, this other reality show was entitled, SWEET SIXTEEN...let me tell ya, there was nothing sweet about those arrogant little witches with capital b's.

Now back to the whole celeb thing. I used to feel badly for them too, but it seems like the whole craze just upped several notches in the past few years. Sex tapes. Now you see, who can feel sorry for a celebrity making a sex tape and not keeping that damn thing under 24 hour guard!

Hell, if I was the butler, I'd damn sure do it---as in steal it and sell it for megabucks!

Tess MacKall said...

Genella,

You are so right. We act like little drones or something. The media is so incredibly successful in leading us around by our noses.

We drool over these people and create monsters. This rabid fixation some have for these celebs fed the media fire and it's not out of control.

Someone needs to tell them to take a hike. Or at least stop shoving it in my face.

Thanks for posting Genella.

Cassandra Gold said...

I could not agree more. All the constant celebrity "news" does is distract us from the real issues of the world.

And it's just BORING.

I have a friend who reads all those celeb mags and loves them, but I won't read or watch anything involving gossip about Hollywood. Who cares? I've got a real life to deal with, lol.

Tess MacKall said...

Kudos to you, Cassandra!

You're right. People are caught up in Brangelina and company rather than real issues that need to be addressed--in their own life and in the world.

Can you imagine what we could do with all the time and energy wasted on celeb watching?