Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's all about your goals...


It's already halfway through February, how quickly time flies. Way too fast if I may add. At the end of last year I decided to set goals for all the things I would like to achieve so far. It was a way to keep me on schedule and keep focused on all that I wanted to do and to get done. They were all goals that revolved around me being an author.

Last year I had a list as well and I ticked off most of the goals that I had set for myself. One of the biggest and most hardest goals that I decided to set this year for myself is to finish at least most of the current thirty stories that I'm working on. My top priority is my first paranormal series called Secretly Gifted. The series has ten books and revolves around the world of Greek Gods. I have most the series already outlined, I just have to finish writing it.

I would also love to finish my four vampire novels. As many of you know I'm a huge fan of the vampire genre. That is why these books mean so much to me. There are many things to check off my list and I will keep pushing myself to check off as many of these goals this year.

I wonder do you set goals for yourself to keep you on the right track? Have you ever set them before? What goals have you set for yourself this year?

It's not easy to achieve ones goals but I wish you all luck and tell you to keep going and don't stop.

10 comments:

Tess MacKall said...

I set goals and I set deadlines. Unfortunately something always gets in the way. The secret I suppose is to revisit those goals and regardless of the time frame you have given yourself...regardless of what interfered to keep you from attaining those goals...keep plugging away until you it's checked off the list.

Very thought provoking post Savannah. And I know you well enough to know that you will check off each and everyone of those goals.

Adriana said...

I love this post! The two halves of Adriana meet at least monthly (well, more often than that, for other activities, lol) to go over career goals, decide what to write next, where to submit next, what houses we want to target, how we should be promoting and on and on. When we met on January first we had a fabulous list of accomplishments for 2007, including completing 13 manuscripts - that's slightly more than one a month!

The year also had its negatives ~ problems with two publishers that resulted in four books no longer being available for purchase, but it had another incredible success: forming the Midnight Seductions Author group that includes terrific people like you and Tess

Rock on!

C. A. Salo said...

The last goal I set ahead of time for writing was to be published within a year, which I accomplished.

Now I'm working on finishing some of those may manuscripts I too have sitting on my computer. Including my sequel for A Slave's Way Out. It's been outlined and plotted for 3 months now, I just have to get to it.

Love the post Savannah and looking forward to your Vampire series.

LA Day said...

Great Post!
Last year my goal was to become a full time writer. As of, Friday that is a reality. Now, I must set a schedule for writing and stick with it.

My goals for this year is to get a year out on release dates for Ellora's Cave while still subbing to Cobblestone & Changeling. I'd also like to submit to other houses. Later this year, I may attempt to write a mainstream romance.

Savannah Chase said...

All of you are on your way to kicking butt. It shows that you are all set and pushing forward to get where you want to go and that is amazing.

Hearing all of you being determined and working hard shows your passion for your craft...

Thank you for all of the feedback you have left...

Paige Tyler said...

Great post, Savannah! I even like to do little goals, like saying, "I want to get to this part in the chapter today," and things like that!

*hugs*
Paige

Savannah Chase said...

Paige, thats great, small is wonderful, you can get more done that way..smart way to do things as well

Megan Rose said...

I have a rough idea of the things that I'd like to achieve by the end of the year, but in general,I tend to work on each piece bit by bit. I have "Make each day count" written on a post-it above my desk. I try to keep that in mind as often as possible.

ghostdarlin said...

I choose goals every day for myself even if it is as simple as doing nothing. Even that is a goal for me because I don't know how to just chill sometimes. Mine this year is to be a published, in print, author. Even if that means me doing it for myself, it will be something I can say I did and move on to the next phase.

Kissa Starling said...

I spend so much time getting organized and setting goals- and then the fever hits me, I have to write whatever comes to mind and is begging to be let out.

Good luck on your own goals and I can't wait to see your new novels released!
Kissa Starling